Many thanks to one and all that came to our September event. The next #geomob will be 18:30 on Wednesday the 2nd of November. The good folks at the BCS have once again agreed to host us in their facilities at 5 Southampton Street, near Covent Garden. Please sign up on lanyrd so we can have an idea of the numbers.
We have a great lineup set for the evening. As always each speaker will have 10-15 minutes to explain their project, then field a few questions from the audience. At the end we’ll vote for the best speaker and head to a nearby pub for #geobeers generously paid for by our generous sponsors.
Our speakers on the evening will be:
- Nick Bearman of Clear Mapping
- Christina Franken of Mapbox
- Richard Worthington of Historic England discussing their API of listed buildings
- Andrew Larcombe will tell us about some of his experiments in flight tracking
- Dominic Humphrey speaks to us about his work on the Greater London NationalParkCity map.
Please let us know if you’d like to present at a future event.
#geomob is only possible due to the support of our hosts and sponsors. Many thanks to the BCS Location Information Specialist Group, OpenCage Data, SplashMaps, What3Words, and KnowWhere Consulting for making it happen. Please get in touch if your brand would like to sponsor.
If you can’t make it in November, our first #geomob of 2017 will be Wednesday the 25th of January, location still to be determined. On Wednesday the 29th of March we’ll be back the Geovation Hub in Clerkenwell.
See you all on November 2nd,