Our final #geomob event of 2017 will be on the evening of Wednesday, 25th October. Our friends at Geovation Hub have once again made their excellent facility available to us. Doors open at 18:00 and the talks will start at 18:30. We extend a special welcome to everyone from across the UK who has made the trip to London for the AGI’s #GeoCom17 which is the following day.
Please sign up on the event page (where you can also see a map to the venue) so we can have a sense of how many people will be attending.
Our format will be the same as ever: after a few very brief announcements we will have six speakers, each presenting for ten to fifteen minutes and then facing two or three questions. At the end we will vote by show of hands for the best speaker. The winner will receive a SplashMap and unending glory. Then we will head to a nearby pub for beers paid for by our generous sponsors: CARTO, What3Words, OpenCage Data, KnowWhere Consulting, and SplashMaps.
Our speakers for the evening will be:
- John Pouncett - discussing the Atlas of Hillforts of Britain and Ireland
- Mojmir Novakovic - presenting Kolo
- Ryan Peggs - telling us about FUZED
- Daniel John Benton - Frequency and (physical) location analysis on n-grams in British place names
- Toby Webb - from Signalbox
- Viggi Labakojis will present a routing optimisation API
I hope you agree it looks like a fascinating line up. See you at Geovation on the 25th!