Today's guests are Nick McWilliam and Mark Gillick of MapAction. Steven speaks with them about the Integrated Humanitarian Data Package (IHDP) project. IHDP is a package of cleaned, checked and enriched data, accompanied by ready-to-use desktop GIS projects, survey tools and useful scripts, and is designed to be used by people with coordination and management responsibilities who are not experts in GIS.
The first IHDP was created to assist Covid vaccine roll-out in South Sudan. Steven, Nick, and Mark discuss the motivation for IHDPs, initial learnings from the launch of the first IHDP, and plans for the future.
MapAction would like to thank the Calleva Foundation for supporting this project which could have a significant effect on the speed of Covid vaccine rollout in low income countries.
- Follow MapAction on twitter at @mapaction
- MapAction website
- Download South Sudan Covid Vaccine support Integrated Humanitarian Data Package (IHDP)
- R package containing geographic data in an IHDP for South Sudan
- "Disaster Risk Management and Geospatial Technologies: Ten Commandments"
- Map Projection Playground
- Mark and Nick can be reached at mgillick / nmcwilliam (respectively) @mapaction.org
Every week we discuss themes from the geo industry, interview Geomob speakers, and provide regular updates about our own projects.