This week the focus is on the aftermath of the recent earthquakes in Turkey and Syria. Joining Ed for an important chat is Nama Budhathoki, Regional Director of the Humanitarian OpenStreetMap Teams (HOT) Open Mapping Hub - Asia Pacific. Nama explains what type of help mapping can offer and how mappers across the world can help those struggling in Turkey and Syria today. Learn what it takes for HOT to step in, the importance of a thriving local community, and what steps HOT has made one month in. Thinking of doing something to help? Nama explains what is needed now and how to you can get involved.
- Background on the Turkey/Syria earthquake
- Nama's profile at HOTOSM
- Nama on LinkedIn
- HOT Task Manager with relevant mapping and validation tasks for the Turkey/Syria response.
- 2016 article featuring Nama: "Could mapping tech revolutionise disaster response?"
- Ep. 157: interview with Monica Nthiga, director of HOT's Eastern and Southern Africa Open Mapping Hub.
- Ep. 49: interview with HOT executive director Tyler Radford.
The Geomob podcast is hosted by Ed Freyfogle, co-founder of OpenCage, and Steven Feldman, of KnowWhere Consulting.
Every week we discuss themes from the geo industry, interview Geomob speakers, and provide regular updates about our own projects.
Popular podcast topics: