In this episode we reflect on a bit of neogeo history. All-time most frequent Geomob speaker Gary Gale chats with Ed about the history of the Whereonearth dataset, the innovation is spawned, and its evolution into its current incarnation: the Who's on First dataset.
- Gary's website
- Gary's delightful Vaguely Rude Places map
- Gary's on twitter as @vicchi
- Wikipedia entries for Whereonearth, GeoPlanet WOEID
- The Whereonearth dataset on Github
- Who's on First
- Kamma, the property data start-up where Gary is CTO
The Geomob podcast is hosted by Ed Freyfogle, co-founder of OpenCage, and Steven Feldman, of KnowWhere Consulting.
Every week we discuss themes from the geo industry, interview Geomob speakers, and provide regular updates about our own projects.
Popular podcast topics: