Steven speaks with Arnalie Vicario, Online Community Engagement Lead at HOT. After several years of volunteering in the OpenStreetMap Philippines community, Arnalie is the first person to hold the role as Online Community Engagement Lead at HOT. She and Steven discuss the specific problems HOT is trying to address with the role, and reflect on the many challenges of making an inclusive, global community within OpenStreetMap and the wider open mapping community. The discussion move on to paid mapping, ensuring that the HOT community contributes responsibly to OSM, and encouraging sustainable, local mapping communities.
- Arnalie is on twitter as @arnalielsewhere
- Humanitarian OpenStreetMap Team (HOT)
- HOT Slack, a place to chat with other members of the HOT community
- A Call to Correct Narratives about Geospatial Work in the Philippines
- HOT ED Tyler Radford’s remarks from HOT Summit 2020 (video)
- HOT ED Tyler Radford’s remarks from HOT Summit 2020 (blog)
- A Call to Take Action and Confront Systemic Offensive Behaviour in the OSM Community
- Rebecca’s OSM diary: What is a Regional Hub?
- HOT blog: International Equal Pay Day: Our Pursuit of Gender Equity
- Paid contributions (Wikipedia)
- Bo Percival’s Design Sprintathon realizations: blog
- Jennings Anderson: A 2021 Update on Paid Editing in OpenStreetMap
- Episode 49, in which we spoke with Tyler Radform, executive director of HOT
Every week we discuss themes from the geo industry, interview Geomob speakers, and provide regular updates about our own projects.